Under data protection law, individuals have a right to be informed about how the PTA uses any personal data that we hold about them. We comply with this right by providing ‘privacy notices’ (sometimes called ‘fair collection notices’) to individuals where we are processing their personal data.
This privacy notice explains how we collect, store and use personal data.
The personal data we hold
Personal data that we may collect, use, store and share:
- Name and address
- Other contact information including email addresses and telephone numbers
Why we use this data
We use this data to:
- Contact individuals for support and help at school fundraising events
- Compile a list of attendees and year group for school fundraising events
- Compile a list of emergency contact numbers for parents
- Contact winners of raffle and bidding board prizes
- Provide a list of addresses to our estate agent sponsor to promote events through sales boards
Our legal basis for using this data
We only collect and use personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we process it where:
- We need it to perform a fundraising event in the school’s interest
- We have obtained consent to use it in a certain way
Where we have obtained consent to use personal data, this consent can be withdrawn at any time. We will make this clear when we ask for consent, and explain how consent can be withdrawn.
Some of the reasons listed above for collecting and using personal data overlap, and there may be several grounds which justify our use of this data.
Collecting this information
While the majority of information we collect is mandatory, there is some information that can be provided voluntarily.
Whenever we seek to collect information from you or your child, we make it clear whether providing it is mandatory or optional. If it is mandatory, we will explain the possible consequences of not complying.
How we store this data